Due to a spike in COVID-19 cases, we have had to change our Building counter hours. Building counter service is available by appointment only on Tuesdays from 8:30 am – 10:30 am. Building transactions will be done at the last window on the ramp side of the building.
Please let us know if you need ADA accommodations.
Inspections days are Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only.
Please call 209-245-6941 ext. 254 to make an appointment. Thank you
BUILDING PERMIT SUBMITTAL DEPOSIT AMOUNTS BASED ON YOUR PROJECTS VALUATION:
$5,000 or Less = $60.00
$5,001 – $15,000 = $120.00
$15,001 – $30,000 = $200.00
$30,001 – $50,000 = $450.00
$50,000 or more see Building Department
Please note: The Submittal Deposit is not the final total of your Building Permit.
How to obtain a Building Permit
1. Submit the completed applications part l & ll and the completed Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Affidavit if applicable. (See forms below)
2. Submit 2 sets of plans and if the project includes a structure, provide one extra floor plan. Plans shall conform to the 2019 editions of the CBC, CRC, CEC, CPC, CMC, CGC, CFC, Title24 compliance report and the City of Plymouth Municipal Code. The plans shall be accompanied by 2 sets of supporting documentation where applicable. (Truss calculations, structural engineering and Title 24 reports etc. where applicable)
3. At submittal, enclose a check for the proper amount based on your projects valuation. If needed you can contact the building department for help determining your projects valuation.
4. When applicable, the plans will be reviewed by the Planning Department for compliance with the City of Plymouth Municipal Codes (Zoning and Set Backs etc.). Some fees may be required by the Planning Department for their review process. Please refer to the Planning Section. Once the project is approved by the Planning Department, the plans will be checked by the Building Department for code compliance. Once the plan submittal has been determined to be complete and in conformance with above mentioned codes, the building permit will be available for issuance.
5. The Building Permit fees shall include:
- The building permit fee which is based on the project valuation.
- The plan check fee which is 65% of the building permit fee.
- The Strong Motion Instrumentation and Seismic Hazard Mapping fee (“earthquake fee”) which is .00013 X the valuation for 1 to 3 story residential projects and .00028 X the valuation for over 3 story residential and all commercial projects).
- The BSC fee from SB 1473 (Calderon) which is $1.00 for every $25,000 or fraction thereof the project valuation.(CA.gov>leginfo>sb_1451-1500)
- Other fees may be applicable prior to the building permit issuance such as, but not limited to, School impact fees, Traffic Mitigation fees, Parks and Recreation fees, Water fees, Sewer fees etc.